Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A day in the life of.

When we found out we were pregnant with our son, Landon, I knew I wanted to go back to work. Could I of stayed home? Yes. But I knew that me going back to work would help out tremendously and at 28 I couldn't put that burden on my husband. I wanted to help our family. Help our family be comfortable and not worry about money. Money issues cause huge problems in marriages and in families and I didn't want to go through that so I chose to go back to work and decided that we would rock it for the next few years and reevaluate the situation. Now, I know this is a big controversy in the motherhood department but to each his own. This is what worked for us. A choice we made for us.  Do I cry every day I drop my son off at the babysitters? I sure did. Do I text her multiple times a day to check on him? I sure do. Do I request pictures to assure me he his happy? You betcha. He IS the most important. With that being said, going back to work rocked my world. I had no clue how hard it would be to get myself ready with a baby around. It took me about 3 months to get adjusted and for my husband and I to get into a routine. My advice to any new working Mom (or any new Mom in general) would be to make a routine and stick to it. It is the key to happiness and great hair days. I thought I would share my current daily routine with you guys to give you an idea how we make it work.

6:00AM - Alarm goes off
6:10 - I get up 
I always shower the night before and dry my hair or let it air dry. It will save you a good 30-45 minutes in the morning. 
6:10 to 6:45 - I do my hair, makeup, and get dressed
6:45 to 7:00 - Pack Landon's bag and get his stuff ready for the day
7:00 - I wake up Landon or he wakes himself up (I prefer the latter.)
7:15 - We hit the road! 
(We drive 30 minutes to his babysitters house, on a good day!)
7:45 - Arrive at the babysitters house
8:10 - I leave the babysitters house
(After making Landon breakfast, allowing him to show me a few toys and sitting with him for a few minutes. I enjoy this and give myself time to do this every morning.)
8:50 - I arrive at work. 
9:00 to 4:30 - Workin' it! 
4:30 - Leave work
5:00 - Arrive at the babysitters house
5:15 - Leave baby sitters house
6:00 - We make it back home!!!!!!!!!!

12 hour day. Just. Like. That. 

There are days when we don't get home until 7PM due to me working late and traffic. It is what it is.

6:00 to 6:30 - Play time
6:30 - Dinner 
(My husband works from home and makes dinner for us every night.)
7:00 - Bath/Brush Teeth
7:20 - Read a book or eight/Prayers
7:45 - Kiss Landon goodnight 
8:00 - Landon is out, on most nights!

Once Landon goes to bed, I do some house work, laundry, walk the dog, shower, read and relax with the hubs. 

10:00PM - NIGHT NIGHT! 

You guys, that's my day. A few things, I enjoy my quite time in the car so the driving doesn't bother me. Some days are chaotic and Landon doesn't get to bed until 8:30 and I don't make it to bed until 11, but I don't stress out about it. Had to learn to go with the flow with a child. We have figured out a way to make our busy days work for us. My husband cooks dinner and cleans the kitchen while I do bath time and all of that. Once he is done doing his stuff he sits and reads with us or spends a few minutes cuddling with Landon before he goes to sleep. I am so thankful for a good man who isn't afraid to help! Hats off to any single working Mama's out there, hats freakin' off.

PS - Our house is usually dirty. Dirty floors, dishes in the sink, toys everywhere. Ask my friends, they will tell you. But I don't care. I want my son to know he is the most important. So during the week when I don't see him much, I spend all his time with him. I do what I can when I can and that's all we can do. So, put the broom down and play catch with your child. It will make you both smile and while you're at it kiss all that Mommy guilt goodbye. We can't do it all and we don't have to.

Love y'all.






No comments:

Post a Comment