Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby #2

Baby #2 is on it's way! I am 18 weeks along and currently sitting with my pants unbuttoned. I am at the "fat" stage. While I hate saying that word, there is no way to put it kindly. Maternity pants are in my near future. I already feel like Baby #2 is so different than baby #1. With baby #1 you get the week by week emails and get excited when your baby goes from an orange to cantaloupe. You buy ever damn thing that was ever made; every bottle, every diaper brand, every pacifier. You sanitize everything, wash all the clothes before they wear them, you don't come within miles of anything with germs.......then that all goes out the window when that baby turns into a toddler and you realize that your kid is some sort of superhero who can eat candy off the floor and survive. Shoot, I started eating stuff off the floor. Whatever, as long as we eat we're doing just fine. At 18 weeks with this baby, I can't even tell you what's going on in there. I feel some kicks and my bladder feels like Humpty Dumpty himself is sitting on it, but besides that and the monthly checkups, I haven't payed attention to this kid. I honestly forget that I am pregnant sometimes....that is until I put my pants on. My baby #2 wishlist is constructed of eight things. Eight, and three of them are "wants" not "needs". You realize that babies don't need much after your first one. You can literally get through the first three months with four things besides the essentials (diapers & milk) and those are coffee, onesies, a swing or some other baby holding contraption, and a carrier. In my opinion and with that being said here are my Baby #2 Essentials and my Top 4 are below! Nothing fancy over here, folks. We do it Amazon style. 

 Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets are where it's at. They are soft, cute and get the job done!
I found Guava Mitts on the Nordstrom website a while back and thought they were perfect for newborns. They now carry Guava Boots that are adorable! May get a pair of those too! 
The Tiny Love 3 in 1 Rocker/Napper looks awesome and it only $99.
And last but not least, the Baby Bjorn Original Carrier. It's kind of pricey but it has great reviews and looks comfy!

I have never used any of these products but have did my due diligence since Baby #1 and these are the products that I am eager to have for Baby #2. Once that little booger gets here and we put these babies to use, I will do a follow up post and let y'all know my opinions! 




3 comments:

  1. Love your blog Bran! So fun:) And I will attest to the tiny love napper- we have and love. And the bjorn...well I don't know how we would have made it through these 8 months without it!!! (I have the k'taan too which is great for hip carrying and just around the house!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! You're my first official comment. ;) Thank you for your insight and reviews -- I am still in debate between the Bjorn Carrier and the Ergo Carrier. Looking forward to using the Tiny Love Napper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bjorn is about to be retired here because it's only good to 25 lbs (Palmer is a wee chunky:) The Ergo will def last longer...thinking of getting one because I love hands free travel with him, but I don't know if I love the idea of him pulling/eating my hair! HA!

    ReplyDelete